Here’s a fitness strengthening exercise that will target all the muscles of your core – shoulders to hips. This will increase core strength and stability and you get to stay in a standing position to train your abs – yay!
All you need is a resistance tubing. Start with light resistance and increase to a thicker tube as you become successful with 2 sets of 20 reps with perfect form.
- Loop handle through handle of a resistance tube around a stable surface at shoulder level. You can also shut tubing in a door – as long as it’s secure.
- Stand tall with feet wider than your shoulders and abs contracted.
- Straighten you left arm out to side and press your left shoulder down away from your ear. This strengthens your stabilizing muscles of the shoulder.
- Simultaneously pivot with your right foot and press out with your right hand against the tube. Squeeze your glute (butt muscle) on that right side as you rotate.
- Return to starting position and repeat up to 20 reps on each side.
- Stay tall as you perform the exercise and fight the urge to round your back as you press your right arm out.
“Joy is strength.” -Mother Teresa