Did you know…
- A pound of fat takes up 18% more space than a pound of muscle.
- The strongest muscles in the body are the glutes (butt), soleus (under calf), heart (pumps 2 oz. blood per heart beat), tongue, and muscles in the jaw and uterus.
- You use approximately 200 muscles to take one step.
- By the age of 80, sedentary people will lose about half of their muscle mass.
- Adding a regular resistance training routine can increase your muscular strength from 20-40% (after several months of training).
- Lifting weights may be the best way to control fat around your waistline as you age (20 minutes, 3x a week according to a Harvard study).